What is a microdermabrasion treatment?
Microdermabrasion involves a stream of fine micro-particles being blasted across the face by a kind of skin vacuum cleaner to help improve the texture and appearance of the skin. The powder used varies and can include crystals of aluminium salts, sodium bicarbonate, or sodium chloride.
Movement of these crystals under pressure loosens and partially removes the outermost epidermal layer of the skin in a kind of sandpapering effect. Alternatively some systems use “diamond microdermabrasion” where the treatment tip contains tiny diamonds that abrade the skin. Once the outer layer of skin has been removed, the layers of skin beneath increase their production of new skin cells to renew the surface layer. It is a mild treatment causing minimal damage to the surface of the skin and therefore results are subtle and include a freshening in the appearance and improvement in the texture of the skin, and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles.
1. Improve age spots and black heads.
2. Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
3. Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
4. Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
5. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
7. Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
The treatment is usually painless and doesn't irritate the skin greatly. For more infomation on Microdermabrasion call 0161 485 8104 and speak to one of our highly experienced practitioners.